Friday, October 15, 2010

New Here?

Hey there! I'm Daniel O'Brien, the Senior Writer for Cracked.com. This used to be a blog, but now it exists solely as the online home of my free novella, "Bartender." The blog that used to live here now lives over at ThisDanOBrien. Check it out.

About Bartender


I started writing this in 2007 while studying Creative Writing at Rutgers University and working, appropriately enough, as a bartender. It was originally written to entertain my friends, (the real-life Mike and Joe, and my brothers, David and Tommy), and I'm proud to say that I've just barely accomplished that, (Mike still hasn't read it). One day I would like to fix all of the typos, clean up some of the plot issues and generally make this a better version of itself, but Cracked keeps me pretty busy. Some day.

If you haven't read it yet, start here.

7 comments:

Christian-Kyle said...

I justed wanted to let you know how awesome you are. Your mind blowingly funny writing got me hooked on Cracked.com and introduced me to Michael Swaim and Soren Bowie and for that I wanted to thank you. Keep up the good work.

Rebecka Rowan said...

Hullo :) Read the novella, thought it was awesome. I'm a freelance writer/editor/proofreader. If you ever need that skillset, look me up here; I'd be happy to work for free on something like this. See? Not being a filthy scammer, but a real person who genuinely thought this was hilarious, if in need of a tiny bit of typo-fixing, etc. Would love to help. :)

xx Rebecka

hapi said...

Hi dob, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

Paul D. Mitchell said...

Hi, I am new here. I have a bar. I also serve people with cocktail bartender. If you need, don't hesitate to contact with me.

loragoa said...

Hell
I read your details. This is a nice blog post. If you want hire a barman please visit our webpage . If you need anything from us please contact us.

Prabir Kumar Mondal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Prabir Kumar Mondal said...

Ah.. This is nice one. I like to drink from your bartender. If you need anything from us please visit At. Have a great day!